Sunday, June 10, 2007

Last Day Off


I must relay a story of something that happened this week. I went for a walk on Thursday and halfway up the driveway realized I had no pockets. I threw my keys into the long grass on the side of the driveway. On the return I was nearing the house and heard my lawnmower. It was my daughter's last day home and I knew she was coming over for supper. When I wasn't at home, yet the car was home, she guessed that I was probably gone walking. She decided to mow as a favor while waiting for me .

Two of my friends were coming for a visit and arrived just as I was walking down the driveway. At the instant we met, I remembered the keys and realized that my daughter had started her mowing session by 'doing the driveway'. This is the first time ever that she started the job this way. The driveway usually ends the mowing session.

You guessed it. The keys became the object of a search party with my two friends and we fiinally found them, totally unusable. Luckily I had an extra house and car key and an additional car door clicker.

I think it's so funny that it all played out like that. Never before have I thrown my keys in the grass by the driveway. You'd think it would be a safe thing to do. In a million years I wouldn't have guessed my daughter's plan to mow nor the fact that she would start where she normally ends.

Another thing, Bad Kitty slept in my car last night and puked all over my back seat. My fault for leaving the window open. This has not been a bad week but I've had bad things happen. Tomorrow I can go back to good things.

Music: A couple of vastly different songs with their only commonality being that their titles have something to do with these just stated events. Chet Baker does a smooth jazz rendition of It Could Happen To You. Cisco Houston brings us an old song from about a million years ago, The Cat Came Back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I guess that will teach O to not mow the lawn!! Are you going to get a second set of keys made? When we had the '88 Corolla, we only ever got one set. I was always nervous something would happen to it!.. We did invest $200 to buy that car :)
-A

Cuidado said...

I had an extra of everything and got a second set of everything again. You KNOW your mother is always prepared.