Saturday, June 23, 2007

Weather We Do Or Not


One of my favorite activities in the whole world and anywhere in that world is filling vases with flowers. I've just finished doing that and am in a very satisfied space. I have a beautiful red, frosted, and carved glass vase filled with white lily of the valley beside me and the odour from it is wafting under my nose. Is this heaven?

The photo above is of outside a minute or so before I sat down. There are thunderstorms happening to the northeast but the sun is shining and it is absolutely gorgeous here. My son was just visiting and he may be heading into them as he's going into Ch'town on a fundraiser pub crawl. We could hear thunder a ways off.

Since he left I've been out in the gardens cutting flowers and taking photos. The sky is absolutely beautiful with the thunderheads rolling by. We live in this funny little weather pocket here and these storms historically pass us by. It often rains or we have thunderstorms around us while we remain dry. In the summer of 2000 we experienced this all through the summer and had drought conditions. The communities surrounding us were fine and there was even severe flooding in Charlottetown in August.

For music today I wanted something with flowers. La Violetera is quiet, lovely and dignified Gotan Project. Since I'm already here in their file I'll give you another. Gotan Project is always dignified and lovely so you'll get that in both cuts but this second song, Queremos Paz is a more lively selection from the great band. I sure do like them and include them on almost every cd I make.

Update: The thunderstorms headed southeast and have passed us by. It's still beautiful out. That's where I'm heading.

No comments: