Sunday, June 24, 2007

Joy in a Beautiful World


I'm still putting flowers in vases. I went walking and when I came back went for another walk, this time with scissors. Lupin season is upon us and I needed a couple more vases done. I got some yesterday when I was driving and came upon a really nice field of them. Here are some photos of last year's: I always do a vase for outside. They are so pretty up close. I also cut some wild carrot, columbine and more lily of the valley for more vases. There now isn't a bare spot in the house to place another vase.

I wanted to save today's photo to show one of the same view as yesterday's but later in the day. Thunderstorms continued all around and didn't touch us. The sky was incredible all day and I got some pretty awesome photos. It's cloudy today but warm. The sun has come out since I sat here.

Music: If you've read this blog for a while you know I love Bettye Lavette's version of the song Joy. Here is Lucinda Williams'. It seems like a good song for today with endorphins flowing from walking and flower arranging. Beautiful World by Colin Hay is a good choice for today for those same reasons.

5 comments:

Ocean said...

Ma, you didn't call me!!!! I am sick with the cold and was in bed most of yesterday....sad.

Cuidado said...

You told me you were working in the evening so I didn't want to disturb you. I'll call tonight.

Anonymous said...

So is Carrot a flower, or just an orange vegetable?
-A

Cuidado said...

Eild carrot is a flower. Carrot is an orange veggie. They are related...in the same family.

Anonymous said...

that picture is absolutely beautiful. Would it be possible for you to email it to me or stephen so we could get a print of it.

Cheers

E