Thursday, June 07, 2007

Can't You Hear Those Peepers?

Every year there is the long-awaited day when I can open my bedroom window and have the frogs sing me to sleep. That day was yesterday. It was wonderful and I had kids in the house too, going out onto the deck because there was a smoker. Their talk and the frogs made me fall asleep smiling.

I've always liked having my kids in the house with their friends. I can sleep through anything and the only time they ever woke me was when J and his friends were into wrestling and big thumps would wake me.

There is a point here. I awoke at three to pouring rain and remembered that my daughter hadn't put the downspout thingies back on. I was out in my nightie pretty quickly, and got soaked but prevented the water in my basement I would have faced had my window not been open beside my head.

I just spoke with my brother in Coastal BC. His area of town is not flooded but there are flooded areas and they are cut off from the rest of BC. It's certainly terrible conditions around there. I must say I'd prefer our cold spring to his wet one.

Music: A music blog that I visit daily and have linked to before, Keep The Coffee Coming, featured Judy Collins, doing the Joni Mitchell song, That Song About The Midway last week. I commented about the version from Bonnie Raitt that I still have on vinyl. Well I really wanted to hear it, have managed to find it, and here are both versions.

No comments: