Monday, October 02, 2006

Rainy and Warm - It's October


Went to visit my 91 year old friend today who I've hardly seen this summer. He is really glad I'll be available soon to take him on outings. We used to go on lots of jaunts together. He had only been off the Island once before he met me. I've taken him over the bridge a couple of times and took him to an outdoor cafe in Moncton, NB which was very funny as he thought street people might come and steal his food or something because he was very upset about it and told me to never take him someplace like that again. We've had our moments as he is very blunt and says some pretty weird things. I'll probably say weird things when I'm 91 too so I just let it go.

Fun Music for today: Candy Shop by Andrew Bird and An Occasional Man by Jeri Southern. I've been playing the Andrew Bird one a lot. It's from one of his older albums.

Link: I've always been fascinated by Meteora, Greece. I so would love to go there just to see the rocks then go to another small Island for the beaches and food. My son was married in Greece, on the Island of Paros. They had the first outdoor beach wedding ever and the mayor came to speak. The funny thing is, they don't have a clue what he said.

I've been burning cd's to try to get some of my almost 4000 songs to disc. I have 15 burned so far and am up to Bonnie Raitt. The music is filed alphabetically to the first name. I've got a lonnnggg way to go.

No comments: