Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Change Has Got To Come


When describing my recent bad luck in an e-mail to a New York friend the other day, this is what she said - It's been Mercury retrograde, which ends on Monday. Hopefully, they'll be able to figure it out then. This is what I predicted a former friend would have said. Anyway, someone should tell Mercury that Monday has passed and it's ok to give up the retrograde.

Last night I put my mower blades right through the mower deck and bent the deck all to heck. It is fixed but not without a great deal of anxiety on my part, thinking that I may have another expensive repair bill. The guy didn't charge me but a beer - he's a good guy.

We had a hot humid day yesterday then rain for the morning today. Now it's sunny and cloudy, windy and we're expecting thunderstorms. Rain till noon tomorrow then sun and clouds....a repeat of today. I'm taking the day off so I'll do all the chores in the morning and go to the beach for the afternoon.

I just got this song today but it's title is certainly appropriate for this post. Mercury by Kathleen Edwards is to be a prayer to Mercury to change things around for me. I have many, many versions of A Change is Gonna Come up on the music pages but I have many more not up. Here's one more by Terence Trent D'Arby. I need some cheering up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You have had a run of bad luck like I have never heard. The question is what you did to deserve the bad kharma. Did you happen to vote against Ghiz in the election?
- A

Cuidado said...

I'll never tell who I voted for but I also didn't do anything to deserve bad kharma that I can think of.