Friday, July 06, 2007

I Love Surprises


A quick post.... I'm off to the blues and jazz festival, mainly to see Harry Manx but others as well. My car is not working well at all so friends are picking me up at a pre-arranged spot where I don't have to go all the way into town.

I went on a really long hike this morning. The photo above is from that hike. I was almost eaten alive by mosquitos as the wet weather has helped them flourish. Everyone is complaining about them but again, what can you do?

Music today is already up on either page one or two and a surprise. Yes, one is a Harry Manx. I am also seeing Kevin Breit who Harry has played with. Number one of the surprise songs is both of them. I'm also getting to see Viento Flamenco tonight who I've heard on public radio but have had no luck finding on the internet.

Surprise number one, two, three, four, five. That should do.

I heard a couple of days ago that Ruthie Foster is playing at a festival in Saint John, NB in a couple of weeks. I sure wish I could get the time off. I lived in Saint John for five years and Ruthie would be a major reason for me to go back but in this seasonally employment area..... OK, another surprise by Ruthie.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I have to say that I absolutely LOVE the Ruthie Foster song. I've never heard her before. Is she local to the Maritimes?

Cuidado said...

No, she's Texan. You're definitely close enough to see her. Chcek out some other songs. She's great!http://myspace.com/ruthiefosterband
www.myspace.com/ruthiefosterband
http://www.ruthiefoster.com/
The Phenomenal Ruthie Foster