Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Music Stats for July '07



I haven't been putting the music stats up for the last few months. People didn't seem to be visiting page one that much but that has changed. I still have to click each song once a month to keep the songs up and that doesn't necessarily work as one has disappeared and I clicked it on the 10th of June and now again on the 9th of July and it was gone. With 686 songs it took two days to get through them. As usual, I only mention songs that got more than 20 hits. Without further adieu....
  • Kanye West's Gold Digger is the song that disappeared.
  • I Gotta Get Drunk by Willie Nelson got 20 hits as did Kris Kristopherson and Steve Earl's version of Sunday Morning Coming Down. These may be related. Certainly the subject is.
  • Martha Wainwright's song, These Flowers, was played 21 times.
  • With 22 hits are As Long As I'm Movin' by Ruth Brown and Mama's Chant by Nil Lara.
  • Tupelo Honey, the version by Van and Brian Kennedy from Live in San Fransisco got 23 plays.
  • Whiskey for Everyone by Gary Jules got played 24 times.
  • Hank Williams', I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry got 25 hits this month.
  • Goin' Home from The Skiffle Sessions and Feelin' Good by Nina Simone got 26 plays.
  • There Are Places I Remember by The Beatles got played 28 times.
  • A few surprises, as always. Baby, It's Cold Outside by Leon Redbone and Zooey Deschanel got 38 hits. Maybe my daughter has a new favorite version but normally she listens to a different one.
  • Willie Nelson was popular this month. His song, You Are Always On My Mind, got 58 plays.
  • Don't Lie by The Black Eyed Peas got 67 plays this month. No surprise there.
  • Biggest surprise and the song with the most plays is Summertime by Albert Ayler. It got 80 hits this month. Amazing!
Here are some random songs. One, Two, Three, Four, Five. Don't you love surprises?

No comments: