Friday, July 13, 2007

Party In My Heart


So much for making plans. I didn't get to the beach but I'm off again on Sunday and it is supposed to be hot. I may even go to a different beach than my local one. We had heavy fog that didn't burn off till almost 2:30 pm and I was into other things by then after doing a rush trip to town to make it back early. It's absolutely beautiful right now but the tide is in and I want to go at low tide.

One of my stops today was at a site where I was commissioned to do two stained glass windows for a new office building. I took photos during installation with a film camera but had never taken any with a digital. I think I'll go back in the late afternoon as the light might be better. Most that I took today were over-exposed. The above photo is a small detail of one of the windows. Dried flowers are in one hand of the figure and leather is in the other. It is designed so that a fresh stem can take the place of the dried flowers.

I think this post started with plans as the subject. My favorite ex (sister-in-law) just dropped by so here it is an hour later. I usually do this blog in the order of what you see is what you get in that photo first, blah blah second and music third. The only reason you are getting this music is because I actually uploaded it first today (didn't go to the beach). It's latin. I've not been walking so I've been dancing. Here's Fiesta En Mi Corozon Raphy Leavitt and Cumbia Tipica by Mongo/Justo.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Can you send me a pic of the windows. I remember when you were designing them, but never did see a pic of the finished piece. Over exposed or not, I'd LOVE to see what it turned out like!!
hugs