Sunday, July 15, 2007

Seven Hundred Songs


Lucky me! I've been out and about in the countryside two evenings in a row at sunset time.....with a camera! A person couldn't get any luckier than that. Not having a car for two weeks really put a damper on my activities and it feels so wonderful to go where I want to and need to. I've learned to appreciate my mobility.

I was at a benefit for a person with cancer last night but didn't stay long as it was really hot in the community hall and I was having hot flashes. A was with a friend who lives, like myself, in a house in the countryside. We went there and that was so much better.

Today's music was chosen in a most surprising way. What makes it a surprise to me is that no one has ever mentioned the songs were not on the music page after being advertised in the post. Also I'm surprised I forgot, or got distracted, so many times. There are four posts there in about two month (120) of songs.

I've been working to provide links for all the music in all the past posts as well as tags for the song names. It makes finding music easier for me. I'd thought about linking from the beginning but tagging wasn't available at Blogger then so it seemed a step that didn't need to happen. Anyway, these are songs that I was supposed to have uploaded as a day's musical selections. I most likely went on to something else and forgot to upload. This doesn't happen anymore because linking closes the loop.

The songs.....
These, in a backward order, relate to specific posts, in pairs. I'm not finished the job yet, not by a long shot. I work on it every couple of weeks, usually on a Sunday. I just started with linking the music today. I've been doing tags for months.

These songs need an addition of one song to make an even two hundred songs on Page Two. That's seven hundred songs I'm working with now and you can see I need a system for finding songs when I want them. This song and also, the name of the band, works on a number of levels; the photo, talk of the countryside, and closing the loop. Here is Back Porch Blues doing Bring It On Home To Me.

After all this I couldn't find the song. I forgot I have a file specifically for the song as I have ten versions and realized I've never put one up. I will on a future post. Whew!

No comments: