Saturday, July 07, 2007

Lord Tunderin' Jesus


Whew! This is the calm after the storm. We just had a doozy of a thunderstorm with little pellets of hail and really heavy rain. My friend and I were sitting outside having a relaxing visit when it suddenly became apparent that this was going to happen. Mad scrambling ensued guaranteeing that neither of us melted.

Last night's blues and jazz festival performances would get mixed revues from my little circle of friends. I loved, absolutely loved, Viento Flamenco and my friends did not. My friends loved Kevin Breit and I did not. He is certainly a skilled guitar/mandolin player but he used very high pitched keys and his instruments were all electric and that combination hurt my ears. Harry Manx was great, I thought, but one friend thought he went on and on. He loved it when Kevin and his band came back on stage (they have made an album together) but I preferred Harry without Kevin. We all have different musical tastes which I am well aware of and that's cool. To all of us, who are all music lovers, it was just great to get out and hear some live music.

I am having new potatoes and our first strawberries for supper. It's cooking now and my mouth is watering. Yum!

Music: Hmmmm, haven't thought about it too much. I have lots of rain and storm music but I think I've put that up a couple of times already this week. I don't think I have strawberry or potato music so, when thinking of all of those things combined, I think of one word.... Summertime, so here we go on that....Mungo Jerry's famous rendition of In the Summertime and Regina Spektor doing Summer In the City. This is not the version you've heard before but it's very nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny how the seasons are different. We have picked strawberries every couple days for three weeks - and this weekend everything is officially over-ripe. And you are just getting started..
- A

Cuidado said...

It certainly is a cold, wet and late season here.