Saturday, July 14, 2007

Dancin' In the Moonlight


It was kind of strange having Friday and Sunday off this week and working Saturday. I kind of like it. Some people need two days in a row off but it doesn't matter to me. One of my jobs today at work was to take a walk on the beach. Well! Some things in life really work out. I can't have bad luck all the time.

I visited a friend last night who lives on a beach near here. I was there for sunset and got some great photos. She doesn't face the setting sun but the light was still nice as you can see in today's photo. When the weather is nice, we feel like PEI is heaven but with the weather we've been having, our self esteem is slipping.

My sister and former sister-in-law and maybe my nieces are coming for a visit in a couple of weeks. That's exciting. When I first moved to the Island thirty-one years ago I'd have visitors most of the summer. Times have changed and now I'm lucky if even one family member makes it over.

Today for music are oldies but from different time periods. The oldest is Let's Get Together from The Youngbloods. From two decades or so later is Thin Lizzy with Dancin' In The Moonlight. Can you tell I'm going out tonight?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to be over for the concert next weekend but my washer quit and had to get another.
so thats the end to my weekend to the island. but I do plan to go visit sometime this summer.
Alf

Cuidado said...

Yeah!! I can't wait!!

Christine said...

lol, you had family visiting with you most of the summer because I lived with you all summer each year. lol.

I'm still trying to talk jason into coming over with the kidlets later this summer. He's talking about taking two weeks off next month, so maybe then!