Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sunday Evening Dinner


My son is coming to dinner today. I'm excited about that. He stops in for short visits quite often and eats my leftovers or raids the fridge in general but we will actually sit at the table at the same time tonight. I'm having a chicken dish with an Indian sauce, new potatoes and the boy's favorite veggies, broccoli, stir fried with other veggies. Fresh strawberries and cream will be for dessert.

We've been having showers off and on all day. This is beginning to get depressing. England has been having a rainy summer too and according to my fellow bloggers on Shutterchance, the sun has finally come out and they're getting their summer. I hope it happens here soon.

I've got one song up for today's music that is frustrating me as I can only find one version of it. I was sure I had two and will of course, find it someday. The song, Everybody Eats When They Come To My House is by Cab Calloway. My son is following me to the garage tonight where they want my car cold tomorrow morning to figure out what is going on. So another song today is Sonny Terry and Brownie McGee with, Children Go Where I Send Thee. It's an old Negro spiritual and they do a good job of it.

2 comments:

Ocean said...

Did J know anything about the chair and chain saw?

Cuidado said...

I didn't ask. Forgot.