Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Clouds Are Gathering


Getting a late start at this tonight. I've just finished mowing and smell like gasoline exhaust and will be heading to the shower after this. Mowing can't be healthy for you. I know it's hard on my back and lungs.

Today was a really beautiful day. It was 23 degrees which is not too hot....kind of perfect for working. Yesterday was very cool and the next several days are going to be rainy. It's a strange summer. I deal with tourists all day and I find they are actually enjoying our cooler weather because they're coming from someplace hotter and appreciate this relief from the heat.

Tomorrow I may have to wear my raincoat. It's not famous or blue but some certainly are. Here are a couple of versions of Famous Blue Raincoat. The first is, of course, by the originator, Leonard Cohen and the second is from Marissa Nadler.

4 comments:

Kat said...

Cuidado,
I love the Cohen version. It has alwat=ys been my favorite. I had never heard Marissa Nadler before this. It was a different song the way she sang it; I liked it. Thanks for giving me someone new.

Cuidado said...

Marissa certainly does give it a different feel. I love everything about Leonard. Another great version is Jennifer Warnes'. She did an album by that name of all cohen songs. I'm sure you would have heard it as it was very popular.

Anonymous said...

So are people actually showing up at your work now?
-A

Cuidado said...

Every day, A.