Saturday, July 21, 2007

Great Weather For Ducks


The robins are one of the few species happy with the weather on PEI today. It has been raining off and on all day. Thirty thousand wet people are attending an outdoor Arrowsmith concert in Charlottetown and I'm pretty sure a lot of those people are not happy. My son was invited to go with a friend who was coming over from Halifax but that person cancelled because he was coming by motorcycle. Don't blame him there. Who'd want to drive three hours or so over on a bike then stand in the rain for the rest of the day.

I would have liked to spend the day outdoors but since I'm not a duck or a robin, I've been making cd's for different people who are coming to visit. There sure is some great music out there to play with. I realized I had never put any Oh Suzannah up yet. She's a Canadian singer-songwriter who often plays the summer festival circuit. That's where I've seen her though she's also played here in Ch'town. I first heard her on radio a few years previously to seeing her as CBC was playing her quite a bit. Here are two of her songs, Pretty Face and Greyhound Bus.

No comments: