Saturday, March 03, 2007

Five Hundred Songs - Whew!



Well, I've been put to shame. I've just returned from a walk with the favorite ex and I'm sweating and near exhaustion. I don't think her rate of breathing even increased. Whew!

My battle with the squirrel in my basement is over thanks to a rat trap. I found his entrance and took care that none can get in again. Whew!

The big storm that paralyzed New England, Ontario and Quebec was very mild here. We got a couple of cm. of snow, some wind and today the temperature is very warm and everything is melting like crazy. Whew!

I have a friend coming over for the afternoon and am looking forward to that. If we were having a big storm no one could be on the roads and I'm happy that's not the case. Whew!

Music for today: Tonight the Maritimes are in a perfect position to see the lunar eclipse. We haven't a cloud in the sky right now and hopefully it will remain clear this evening. Here are some moon songs for the occasion. No Moon At All by Jeri Southern, Wish I Was the Moon by Neko Case, Eryka Badu with Orange Moon and here's a link for Lamya's Pink Moon. For song number five hundred, we have Blossom Dearie's Moonlight Saving Time. Changes to the music page tomorrow. Whew!

3 comments:

Ocean said...

Could we see the lunar eclipse here?q

Anonymous said...

Well the storm definitely affected me! I had a morning meeting in Chicago on Thursday, and was supposed to return Thursday afternoon. My flight ended up getting cancelled, and I was booked to come home Friday afternoon. IT got cancelled too, and I didn't get home until Saturday! S was smart because she got me to pack an extra pairs of socks and 'sexies' just in case. But I guess she wasn't that smart, because I needed two pairs of extras! I did get to go to my favorite pizza place in the world though, Gine's East Pizza.
-A

Cuidado said...

So great to hear from you both. I'm calling you tomorrow A and you tonight, ocean. Kenz is trying to talk to you now. Such a pain in the... I'm heading out to see the eclipse. Later. Mom