Friday, March 30, 2007

Puppy Kisses


I live in a two channel universe. Yes, only two channels. You'd think I resided on the dark continent or somewhere remote but it's just a choice. I kick myself though, when I hear about something as exciting as the Discovery Channel's Sunday night broadcast, Planet Earth. Oprah was just promoting it and I've been hearing about it elsewhere. It's the kind of TV or movie I really enjoy. It is going to be available on DVD, a coffee table book is going to be published, and next year a movie will be released. That's good news for me because...I live in a two channel universe.

Town day today - errands and some fun too. Friends who make you laugh are worth their weight in gold. I can never let enough laughter. I had to shovel myself out at the top of the driveway and am hoping we have some melting because otherwise I have more shovelling to get down to the bottom.

I discovered Martin Sexton at the same folk festival where I first heard The Waifs in 2001. I bought his CD, Black Sheep and it is very good but it didn't do justice to his live performances. He is one of the best live performers I've ever seen just because of his personal energy. He seemed to connect with each of the audiences and was a natural percussionist with little beats here and there on his guitar. I have the cd but didn't have any on my computer. I picked up a song today which I share with you now. Here's Glory Bound. Because today I left my remote little two channel universe and headed to the big city, here's Sinead Lohan with Out of the Woods. I've direct linked them and will try to do that most days but you can find them on Page Two.

2 comments:

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

I enjoyed that Martin Sexton music very much! Thanks for sharing that song - I'd never heard him before.

Thanks also for visiting today!
Have a wonderful weekend :)

Cuidado said...

Come again!