Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Haircut

My hair is five inches shorter today. It was waking me in the middle of the night because I had to adjust it after turning over. My head would turn over and my hair wouldn't or something like that. I'm not clear on the details but I was losing sleep and that is not good. I get it cut to the same length each time and my hairdresser, who has known me for 29 1/2 years is always amazed at how much it grows. The five inches of growth is from August but I think it's a half inch shorter this time so lets say it grew 4 1/2 inches since August. Pretty awesome! Fast growing hair and incredibly dense bones......I'm not sure what that says other than - healthy in my middle age.

My hairdresser mentioned dyeing my hair again but I have a really personal aversion to the practice. On Oprah this week it was stated that the number one way for a woman to look younger is through hair dye. I don't give a sweet ****. What is wrong with looking, being happy with, being proud of, and celebrating your real age? I could go on and on and on about this and have to all my friends who dye their hair and suggest I do too.

My hospital appointment today was much different than my friend's. I was in and out on time, then had to wait at the hair place. I'm up on the decorating magazines now as well as the current affairs.

Music for today would have to be this song by my beloved Waifs. It's a live version of Haircut from their latest album. I prefer their studio version but this one is has all the words and the melody with the added bonus of an appreciative audience. The Waifs are recording a new album this winter and spring (to them, summer and fall) and I'll be first in line at the record store, you can be sure. I'd better add the Scissor Sisters for a haircut post and tomorow for Int. Women's Day, there will be another Donna Waif song.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last time I got my hair cut both dad and Alf saw me the next day and said nice hair cut but I don't like the color you put in.
I have never dyed my hair. LOL
They both figured that I had it dyed.
I'm like you. Don't want to dye it. If you don't like it don't look.
Cath

Cuidado said...

Yeah for natural hair! But truly if one wants to dye it that's ok too.

Anonymous said...

Wait till you ladies look like Angela Lansbury!
-A

Cuidado said...

I'm almost there though this photo hides the grey(unless you click the photo). Cath is from Mom's family and will not get grey but I'm from Dad's who all go grey. Wonder what will happen to YOU.

Anonymous said...

I must follow dads side mine is getting pretty grey too.
Alf

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cuidado said...

A. will be bald and grey like Sam.
Steve

Christine said...

Whenever I mention Jay's few Grey hair he just laughs and says "As long as they're there, I don't care what colour they are!"