Friday, March 16, 2007

Happy Ninety-Second Birthday


My friend and former neighbour, Billy is ninety-two today. I'd say he looks even better than he did a year ago when this photo was taken. He's looking down at my present, the usual bottle of whiskey I always give him for occasions. He drinks very responsibly so it's alright for him to have it in the nursing home. He's quite a character and we've been friends for twenty three years, not all of them smooth. He's perfectly lucid with an excellent memory which is great. His eighty-two year old roommate is beginning to have memory problems and Billy helps him out.

It is a tradition in the Maritimes to have a St. Paddy's Day storm and one is forecasted for this year. A Nor-easter with snow, ice pellets and freezing rain before all is said and done. Only bad part is it could prevent daughter time. With the sharing business, she is coming back tomorrow and if it's storming........

A couple of songs for Billy today. Ain't It Funny How Time Slips Away by Al Green and Lyle Lovett, as well as, Long As I'm Movin' by Ruth Brown kind of fit his situation.

2 comments:

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Happy Birthday Billy!
Enjoyed seeing the photos of your critters :)

Christine said...

Tell Billy Happy Birthday (a bit belated) from us. (Now, if I could find a dog like Andy... I don't think I'd even ASK Jason, I'd just get it! *lol*)

I still remember sitting and brushing him for hours. I can't think of Billy and Beryl without thinking of that dog too. They'll always be linked in my mind.