Sunday, March 11, 2007

It's Sunday Again


My ears and my eyes are buggy. I've been burning music and making playlists all day long. I had other plans but kind got into what I was doing and here I am, still into it at almost four thirty. I got up this morning at the new five-thirty. Ah Ha!!! I just figured out this minute why I've been waking at four and four-thirty for the last couple of weeks. My weird little body time clock takes very good care of me. It has been anticipating this time change without my conscious knowledge. I've been waking an hour or an hour and a half early for the last couple of weeks. This morning it was at the exact right time. Wow, body/brain/timeclock!!

I have been trying to make a DVD of latin/african dance for my daily workout. For some weird reason, it is wanting to burn all the songs in alphabetical order. That won't work at all. I have eleven songs from Gotan Project, for example, but want them spread out. I'll probably just keep with cd's if this can't be remedied. This is ironic (and funny) because my big complaint is I would like to be able to sort my music page alphabetically for ease of trying to find songs I am looking for.

Since Latin/African dancing is the last part of what I am into today that is what the music will be. There's so much to choose from. I realized I don't have much Susana Baca on the music page though I listen to her a lot and there are only a few Lila Downs there and I listen to her a whole lot.

Lila is popular on the music page with Quisas, Quisas, Quisas receiving more than twenty plays every month and the Cumbia del Mole getting more than twenty plays between the English and Spanish versions. Of course, her wonderful version of Besame Mucho is the most popular. Here is something very different from Lila. This sounds like American jazzy blues but is sung in Spanish. Have a listen to Quinto Patio and experience the cross culture of Lila Downs. That's exactly what she is too, an American with a Mexican mother who took to the music of her mother's land after she had studied music at an American university. For a selection of Susana Baca I have Encciende Candela. The drums and call-back on this song are fabulous. Both are good for dancing.

5 comments:

Ocean said...

i love the picture!! Home soon...

Cuidado said...

I'm waiting but not quite patiently. The photo is not recent. Our snow is pretty well gone.

Ocean said...

Wednesday is the day....

Anonymous said...

Hello there!

Body/brain/timeclock - I agree! Mr. Dash has his own however!

Cuidado said...

Well hello, as long as Mr. Das doesn't drink more than two beers he should be ok.