Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mamas


Isabelle's funeral was a lot harder than I thought it would be. The fact that it was the aniversary of my Mom's death I had considered. My undoing was hearing the priest say those same words they all say at a funeral. I'd forgotten about that part. I spent the afternoon with lots of people I hadn't seen in a long time, which is the only good part of funerals.

As predicted, we've not seen the end of snow. It's beautiful today but tomorrow we're supposed to get a few centimeters in flurries blown around by strong winds. Nothing startling to hear when living on an island in the Atlantic, I guess.

Music today is again for Isabelle and for my Mom. A song from Page One called Mama's Chant by Nil Lara. My Mom loved Johnny Cash so the wonderful song, When I Stop Dreaming is by him. I Still Miss Someone is by Johnny and Bob and that is dedicated especially to my Mom.

No comments: