Sunday, March 18, 2007

Zzzzzz.....


My favorite-ex (sister-in-law) and I often discuss sleep. My sleep must be very regular and any change can easily and profoundly affect my day. She's an insomniac. Today is one of those profoundly affected days.

We got home from the movies at midnight, two hours past my bedtime. I went straight to bed and slept in a half hour till six and I am completely wrecked. You would swear I was hung over but I had only one beer last night. I have about as much energy as a dead battery and even my movements are slow. My daughter and her friend lauged and laughed at me. They got up at ten and twelve, respectively. I don't understand why I am that way. Most people can change their hours easily but I can't at all.

My daughter is gone back out west. I miss her already. She is a real presence in a house and it's remarkably quiet and dull when she's not here. I'll next see her at the end of May at her brother's university commencement but just for the one day.

Music: With my low energy it will again be links today. Sorry. Listen to some great rhythm from Bettye LaVette with Sleep to Dream. For the girlie, gone again, here is After You've Gone by Loudon Wainwright III. Two great songs in my opinion.

No comments: